Tips for a Perfect Tan
Exfoliation & Moisturizing
Prepare your skin for your spray tan by thoroughly exfoliating with a salt scrub, loofah or other appropriate product the day before. The process of exfoliation removes the top layer of dead skin cells and leaves your skin surface smooth and ready to accept the spray tan.
- Be sure to exfoliate your back.
Please moisturize generously after exfoliating, especially your elbows, knees, hands and feet.
Before sunless-tanning, your skin should be clean and dry with no soap residue to interfere with your tan..
AVOID bar soap especially dove products.
While excessive body hair will not impair the ability of the spray tan to stick to your skin, shaving soon after receiving a spray tan can be detrimental. In fact, shaving soon after this procedure often results in the color flaking off from your skin. As spray tans can be quite expensive, most individuals who receive them want to ensure their longevity.
- To ensure that your hair follicles are rested and not inflamed or damaged prior to your spray tan, any hair removal should be done at least 24 hours prior.
- If you have to shave the day of your spray tan session, please apply cold water to the areas to help close your pores to help eliminate brown spotting.
- If you have sensitive skin and you opt for body waxing, you may need to allow a little more time before your spray tan to ensure you achieve the best possible outcome.
Preparation on the day
- On the day of your spray tan, try to shower just prior to your session but do not use any body washes or soaps containing moisturizers. This will ensure there are only minimal oils and contaminants on your skin which will help to extend the life of your tan.
- DO NOT apply any moisturizers, make up, perfumes, deodorants to your skin. The oils and ingredients in these products will prevent your spray tan from adhering to your skin as well as it should.
- Wear dark loose fitting, clothing to your session and afterwards. Light breezy dresses and sandals are best for the ladies. Lightweight shirts, loosely fitting pants and sandals for the guys.
- A moisturizer for your lips should be applied prior to being spray tanned to act as a barrier to the solution.
- Please remove all jewelry prior to your appointment.
- After getting spray tanned please DO NOT apply any deodorants, as this will turn your armpits green due to the PH levels.
- For competitors please DO NOT use any oils or any other products over Jan Tana Competition Color, it may cause your spray tan to run. Thats why we use Jan Tana Oil/Glaze.
After your Spray Tan
- When showering for the first time after your spray tan, you may notice that some of the spray will wash off (dont panic this is just the bronzer in the solution for the technician to see where to spray).
- Avoid anything which may exfoliate your skin such as long hot baths or spas, saunas and exposure to chlorinated water.
- Keep your skin well hydrated by moisturizing morning and evening.
- Please AVOID chlorinated pools, spas, saunas and excessive heat, as this will make your tan fade.
- Please AVOID any contact with rain or any other form of water until after your initial shower/bath. Water contact stops the tanning process immediately. If the skin is touched by water before the tan has fully developed, the tan could look patchy.
Please contact us at 724-980-9722 or email email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have about your spray tan, or to make an appointment with your spray tanning technician. Thank you.